Saturday 27 April 2013

Nishiki Wagyu Yakiniku - Crows Nest

Hello everyone!

Sometime around last week I went to Crows Nest to try a Japanese BBQ (Yakiniku) buffet restaurant called Nishiki.

I've always wanted to visit Nishiki ever since their other store in Chinatown called Nagoya stopped opperating.

Since my experience at Nagoya was always excellent, I expected Nishiki to be better or not far behind.

This is their buffet menu.
We chose the A+B selection buffet $54.80/pp limited all you can eat for 100minutes
















They also have a whole chart of the cow and a full details the type of wagyu they serve.




















After we ordered all our food, the waiters served our sauces for the BBQ.
From left to right: soy sauce, BBQ sauce, sesame oil with black pepper, and some vinegar-like sour sauce.
















First thing that came was Wagyu Yukke, raw wagyu beef topped with raw egg, lettuce and flavored with sauce. The raw beef was really fresh and juicy, but I think the sauce was a little bit salty.

















After finishing the Wagyu Yukke, they served us our Lobster Salad, garlic butter, rice, mushroom, cucumber and lettuce wrap. The Lobster Salad was like the filling you get on sushi, too sweet but alright for a starter.

















Then came the delicious Ox Tongue.

















Here we are cooking the Ox Tongue and melting the garlic butter.
Their Ox Tongue was top quality, very tender, and melts into your mouth at first bite.

















Then we got our Gyoza, Garlic Prawns, Takoyaki, Wagyu Outside Skirt and more mushrooms.
The Gyoza were average good tasting gyoza, but next time I will skip this one. The takoyaki was nice though, it would be perfect if they gave more sauce. The garlic prawns were the best, but the serving was rather small.
















Calamari, and Chicken Caesar Salad.
I'm not a fan of salads, but this one manage to satisfy me, it was really well mixed with the sauce.
















More wagyu being cooked.
















Wagyu Rib Meat, Wagyu Flap meat, edamame, pumpkin, and asparagus.
The Wagyu Rib Meat was also really good, juicy and tender, but I was disappointed on the Wagyu Flap Meat, it was too chewy and hard to bite through, I gave up eating that. The edamame is the best I've ever had at a restaurant so far.


















When our dining time was almost up, the waitress came up to and took our last order.

Here's what we ordered for dessert.
Sesame Ice-cream, Green Tea Ice-cream, Vanilla Ice-cream, and Almond Puddings.
















Green Tea Ice-cream is my absolute favorite out of all three flavors. Sesame Ice-cream tasted like a Chinese black sesame porridge dessert and the Vanilla Ice-cream was just like any other vanilla ice-cream. The Almond Pudding was topped with fruit salad, but you can taste that both the pudding and the fruit came from a can and tasted very artificial.




My experience at Nishiki was not bad at all, and I thought it was better than Nagoya.

The meat was fresh, all the food we ordered tasted superb, and I didn't get sick after eating the raw meat.

So overall I would give it score of 8 out of 10

Unfortunately the only thing that they are lacking is their customer service.

Their waiters and waitress have no facial expressions and all look like they're really tired.

It also took quite a long wait for some of our food to come, and we had to remind the waiters quite a few times to bring us a jug of water.

Their food servings are also quite small too. In the photos we took, we actually have like 3-5 servings of beef on each dish.

But I won't complain since it's all you can eat, and they probably don't want customers to waste food, so they give smaller servings.

To be honest, I think their prices are a bit too high for a buffet, but I didn't mind too much in the end because their food was really good.

Also a friendly reminder, if you want your BBQ mesh to be changed you will be charged $2 once, and you can change it as many times you want.


I had a really enjoyable time dining at Nishiki.

I would definitely go back, hopefully soon if I can get someone to drive me there.


Thanks for reading my review.


Hope too see you all soon!


-Kumi.

No comments:

Post a Comment