Wednesday 8 May 2013

Sicilian Modern Italian & Woodfire Pizzas - Parramatta

Hello everyone!

Today I'll be reviewing about my dining experience at Sicilian Modern Italian & Woodfire Pizzas.

Sicilian an Italian restaurant that specializes in woodfire pizzas and modern Italian cuisines, and is located in Parramatta.




















What caught my attention to try them was the size of their restaurant, and the people that were sitting outside feasting on their woodfire pizzas.


When we went inside, the waiter seated us at a couples seat, with a candle on the table.

The restaurant was very dark, and I guess it does give a more romantic feel to it.


The first thing we ordered were 2 Lemon Lime Bitters $4.90




















Then came our entree, half dozen of fresh oysters Kilpatrick, with diced bacon and Worcestershire sauce. $16.90. The oysters tasted really fresh, and I really enjoyed the texture of the raw oyster served with diced bacon and the sauce. Honestly, I do not enjoy eating oysters raw, or cooked, but this one managed to satisfy me, I really liked it.




















We also ordered a Fettucini Geraldo $24.90, which was marinated prawns and chicken with garlic, tomato and shallots served in a creamy avocado and white wine sauce. We decided to order a pasta just in case we're not full enough, also the description of this pasta was very temping to try. The sauce was creamy, the avocado and the garlic prawns were surprisingly a good combination. Absolutely delicious!





















And lastly, our woodfire pizza, which we ordered the Tropicale $19.90. Tropicale is actually the Hawaiian pizza, except the ones they make at Sicilian, are whole a new level. What I liked about the Tropicale was it's roma tomates and parsley on top that gave the whole pizza a taste of Italy. The ham was not diced but was in thin slices, the pineapple was super sweet too. The crust was cooked perfectly, not too thin but not too thick to the point where it was hard to chew.
















I had a wonderful time dining at Sicilian. The dining atmosphere was very pleasant, with nice tentative waiters, delicious food, and average prices for good Italian dining.


Overall I would give them 8.5 out of 10.


They're one of my favourite Italian restaurants so far, and I also went there again for lunch.

They have a special lunch menu, their woodfire pizzas only cost $14.90 and comes with complimentary drink of your choice.


So if you ever drop by Parramatta, be sure to try Sicilian.

Thanks for reading!


-Kumi.

No comments:

Post a Comment